Graduating from The Ohio State University is a special time for every student, but one that requires prior action.
- Students in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering must submit an application to graduate one year prior to a student's expected graduation date.
- After submitting the online application form, an academic advisor will follow-up to discuss a student's academic course projection and any additional steps that may need to be taken to complete degree requirements. To graduate, students must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA and major GPA.
- Students are responsible for notifying an academic advisor about any changes make to the projected schedule of classes.
- Please note that if the expected graduate date changes, the student must submit a new application to graduate.
- Students who do not plan to attend Commencement need to complete a Commencement Ceremony Absence form in order to choose how they would like to receive the diploma.
- If a declared minor is not appearing as complete in a student's degree audit, the student will need to submit a Minor Program Form with the graduation application. Questions regarding minor requirements should be directed to an academic advisor in the program offering the minor.